- Goetz Graefe (Google - Madison, US)
- Heike Clemens (for administrative matters)
Database query processing, transaction processing, concurrency control, logging, recovery, replication, cloud data management, hardware support, non-volatile memory, column stores, indexing, compression, parallelism, skew, robust query performance, versioning, eventual consistency, high availability, resource management, thread and process management, stream processing, key-value stores, graph storage and retrieval, integration of databases and file systems, more – subject to change.
Recent graduates starting their research or career in data management software, with 2-3 courses or experience in database management or cloud data management; limited by the venue to 25 attendees – event registration with the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
August 7-12, 2016 (arrive on August 7 after 3pm; depart on August 12 at noon or after lunch; no late arrivals or early departures; lectures 8/8 9am – 8/12 12n).
Free participation – participants pay their transportation as well as room and board at Dagstuhl.
- Advanced Training 15092: Winter School "Database Implementation Techniques" (2015-02-22 - 2015-02-27) (Details)
- Advanced Training 17333: Sommerschule "Data Management Techniques" (2017-08-13 - 2017-08-18) (Details)
- Advanced Training 19123: Summer School "Data Management Techniques" (2019-03-17 - 2019-03-21) (Details)
- Advanced Training 22253: Summer School "Data Management Techniques" (2022-06-19 - 2022-06-23) (Details)
- Advanced Training 23283: Summer School "Data Management Techniques" (2023-07-09 - 2023-07-13) (Details)
- Advanced Training 24254: Summer School "Data Management Techniques" (2024-06-16 - 2024-06-20) (Details)