The task of the Scientific Directorate is to implement the Center's designated purpose in a scientific and subject-matter capacity. It convenes twice a year to establish the research and event program, ensure the quality of the Center's offerings, and monitor how the program is put into practice.
Members of the Scientific Directorate are the Scientific Director and as many scientific experts as necessary and appropriate for the competent evaluation of important computer science fields.
The Scientific Director is appointed by the Supervisory Board for a term of 5 years. Re-elections are possible.
Further members of the Scientific Directorate are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a term of 3 years following a joint proposal by the Scientific Director and the Scientific Advisory Board. Proposals are collated by the Scientific Director in collaboration with the Scientific Advisory Board based on proposals from the shareholders, the Scientific Directorate, and the Scientific Advisory Board. Two reelections are possible.
- Prof. Dr. Elisabeth André, Universität Augsburg, DE
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Franz Baader, TU Dresden, DE
- Prof. Dr. Daniel Cremers, TU München, DE
- Dr. Goetz Graefe, Google - Madison, US
- Prof. Dr. Reiner Hähnle, TU Darmstadt, DE
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Hammer, Universität Bielefeld, DE
- Prof. Dr. Lynda Hardman, CWI - Amsterdam, NL and University of Utrecht, NL
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Oliver Kohlbacher, Universität Tübingen, DE
- Dr. Steve Kremer, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est, FR
- Prof. Dr. Rupak Majumdar, Max-Planck-Institut für Softwaresysteme – Kaiserslautern, DE
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heiko Mantel, TU Darmstadt
- Prof. Dr. Albrecht Schmidt, LMU München, DE
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Schröder-Preikschat, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, DE
- Prof. Raimund Seidel, Ph.D., Universität des Saarlandes - Saarbrücken, DE – Scientific Director
- Prof. Dr. Heike Wehrheim, Universität Paderborn, DE
- Prof. Dr. Verena Wolf, Universität des Saarlandes - Saarbrücken, DE
- Prof. Dr. Martina Zitterbart, KIT - Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, DE
For questions and comments according to the Scientific Directorate please contact: