How to charge your electric vehicle at Schloss Dagstuhl
There is a charging station for electric vehicles with 2 public charging points located on Schloss Dagstuhl's parking lot.
More are nearby:
- Im Brühl 2, 66687 Wadern (2 km away),
- Öttingen-Sötern-Platz 1, 66687 Wadern (2.5 km),
- or search on goingelectric.de.
Below, you will find English instructions on how to use one of the charging points, as the charging station only displays instructions in German. For a step by step guide, look below the translation of the displayed instructions. Please mind the disclaimer.
Original German instruction label
Translated English instruction label
Step by Step charging instructions
Option 1: Authorizing a charging point with the eCharge app
- Download the eCharge+ app by Compleo Charging Software GmbH and install it.
- Open the eCharge+ app.
- Choose the option to Scan a QR code (middle button), see first, i.e. left, picture.
- Scan the "intercharge" QR code below the label (next to the green "e"), see second, i.e., middle, picture.
- Choose the method of payment. The third, i.e., right, picture shows PayPal as a selected payment method.
- If you decline to get a receipt, you do not need to give an address. To decline choose "Nein" for the selection at "Rechnung erstellen?", as shown in the third, i.e., right, picture.
- Click "Laden & bezahlen" and authorize the payment.
- Connect your vehicle to the charging point as described in the last section.
Option 2: Authorizing a charging point with "Direct Payment"
- Scan the QR code for "Direct Payment". (First, i.e., leftmost, picture)
- Type in the charging point ID found below the PayPal logo. (Second picture)
- Click the green "Laden vorbereiten" button. (Third picture)
- Select your method of Payment at "Zahlungsmethode auswählen" (Fourth picture) and check the box next to the "Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen" fine print. If you uncheck the "Rechnung gewünscht?" box, you do not need to provide an address. The fifth (i.e., leftmost) picture shows the result for PayPal.
- Click the blue "Laden & bezahlen" button and authorize the payment.
- Connect your vehicle to the authorized charging point as described in the next section.
After authorizing the charging point: Connecting the vehicle
- Get your IEC 62196 Type 2 connector charging cable and plug the smaller connector plug (see first, i.e., left top, picture) into the authorized charging point (see second, i.e., right top, picture).
For Information on how to authorize the charging point see either of the two previous sections.
- Plug the big connector plug (see third, i.e., bottom left, picture) into the connector inlet of your electric vehicle (see fourth, i.e., bottom right, picture).
- Lock your vehicle.
- The vehicle should start to charge after a few seconds.
- To disconnect and stop charging, unlock the vehicle and remove the charging cable from the vehicle.
There is no guarantee for the accuracy of the instructions or translations. Schloss Dagstuhl is not liable for any damage to the vehicle, cables, or charging infrastructure.
The charging points are not operated by Schloss Dagstuhl and prices may differ from the ones shown in the screenshots.