We are pleased to present Dagstuhl Publishing's new publication server "DROPS" (Dagstuhl Research Online Publication Server) at the familiar address: https://drops.dagstuhl.de.
After a public beta phase lasting several months, the server officially went live earlier today. The newly developed platform continues to offer free access to over 18,000 research papers in the field of computer science, in line with the Open Access concept to which Dagstuhl Publishing is committed. The portfolio covered by DROPS includes the following series and journals:
- LIPIcs and OASIcs – Proceedings of high-quality conferences and workshops
- Dagstuhl Reports, Dagstuhl Manifestos, Dagstuhl Follow Ups – Dagstuhl Seminar-related publications
- LITES – A journal thematically focused on embedded systems
- DARTS – Evaluated artifacts For more details, please refer to the overview of our current series.
With the new system, we hope to be able to offer you a substantially improved user experience. In addition to a contemporary redesign, the main new features from a user's perspective are:
- a substantially improved navigation and browsing experience (e.g., direct access to conferences on the home page)
- a quick global search across all entities
- full support for mobile devices
- usage statistics at all levels
- and a significantly expanded metadata set for each document (including author details, related version, supplementary materials, references, and more).
We will of course continue to develop DROPS according to our users' needs. Therefore, suggestions and feedback are always welcome!