Summer School "Data Management Techniques"
( 09. Jul – 13. Jul, 2023 )
- Goetz Graefe (Google - Madison, US)
- Heike Clemens (für administrative Fragen)
This summer school is an intensive course on software techniques for data management and database management. Topics include database command translation and query optimization, query execution and indexing, row- and column-oriented storage structures and algorithms, optimistic and pessimistic concurrency control, logging and recovery, replication and high availability, scalability and cloud computing, and more. The goal of lectures and presentations is to understand classic techniques and to link them to industrial reality and to research opportunities. The target audience are recent MS graduates who have already taken 2-3 courses covering data management software and who are embarking on a career in industrial development or in academic research in related topics.
- Fortbildung 15092: Winter School "Database Implementation Techniques" (2015-02-22 - 2015-02-27) (Details)
- Fortbildung 16323: Sommerschule "Data Management Techniques" (2016-08-07 - 2016-08-12) (Details)
- Fortbildung 17333: Sommerschule "Data Management Techniques" (2017-08-13 - 2017-08-18) (Details)
- Fortbildung 19123: Summer School "Data Management Techniques" (2019-03-17 - 2019-03-21) (Details)
- Fortbildung 22253: Summer School "Data Management Techniques" (2022-06-19 - 2022-06-23) (Details)