The task of the Scientific Directorate is to implement the Center's designated purpose in a scientific and subject-matter capacity. It convenes twice a year, in so doing establishing the research and event program, ensuring the quality of the Center's offerings, and monitoring how the program is put into practice.
Members of the Scientific Directorate are the Scientific Director and as much members as necessary and appropriate for the professionally competent evaluation of important computer science fields.
The members of the Scientific Board are appointed by the Supervisory Board on the joint proposal of the Scientific Director and the Scientific Advisory Board. The proposals come from a list that forms the Scientific Director in collaboration with the Scientific Advisory Board of the proposals of the shareholders. of the Scientific Board, and the Scientific Advisory Board.
The honorary members of the Scientific Directorate are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a term of three years and can serve a second term. Members of the Scientific Directorate:
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Becker, Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Arjen P. de Vries, CWI Amsterdam
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Diehl, University of Trier
- Prof. Dr. Hans Hagen, Technical University of Kaiserslautern
- Prof. Dr. Hannes Hartenstein, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Oliver Kohlbacher, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernhard Mitschang, University of Stuttgart
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Merz, INRIA
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Nebel, Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Bernt Schiele, MPG
- Prof. Dr. Nicole Schweikardt, University of Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Raimund Seidel, Scientific Director of Schloss Dagstuhl
- Prof. Dr. Michael Waidner, Technical University of Darmstadt
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Wehrle, Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Reinhard Wilhelm, Saarland University