The task of the Scientific Directorate is to implement the Center's designated purpose in a scientific and subject-matter capacity. It convenes twice a year, in so doing establishing the research and event program, ensuring the quality of the Center's offerings, and monitoring how the program is put into practice.
Members of the Scientific Directorate are the Scientific Director and as much members as necessary and appropriate for the professionally competent evaluation of important computer science fields.
The members of the Scientific Board are appointed by the Supervisory Board on the joint proposal of the Scientific Director and the Scientific Advisory Board. The proposals come from a list that forms the Scientific Director in collaboration with the Scientific Advisory Board of the proposals of the shareholders. of the Scientific Board, and the Scientific Advisory Board.
The Scientific Director nominated by the Supervisory Board for a five-year term (re-appointment possible):
- Prof. Raimund Seidel, Ph.D., Scientific Director of Schloss Dagstuhl
The honorary members of the Scientific Directorate are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a term of three years (re-appointment possible):
- Prof. Gilles Barthe, Ph.D., IMDEA Software Institute Madrid, ES
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Becker, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, DE
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Diehl, Universität Trier, DE
- Prof. Dr. Hans Hagen, TU Kaiserslautern, DE
- Prof. Dr. Reiner Hähnle, TU Darmstadt, DE
- Prof. Dr. Hannes Hartenstein, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, DE
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Oliver Kohlbacher, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen, DE
- Dr. Stephan Merz, INRIA Nancy - Grand-Est, FR
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernhard Mitschang, Universität Stuttgart, DE
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Nebel, Albert-Ludigs-Universität Freiburg, DE
- Prof. Dr. Bernt Schiele, Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik, Saarbrücken, DE
- Prof. Dr. Albrecht Schmidt, Universität Stuttgart, DE
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Arjen P. de Vries, Radboud Universität, NL
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Wehrle, RWTH Aachen, DE
- Prof. Dr. Verena Wolf, Universität des Saarlandes, DE