Checking In, Accommodation, Your Stay at the Center, Equipment and Facilities Offered at the Center. This information holds for events (including GI-Dagstuhl-Seminar and research guests).
Note: separate information is applicable to the participants of Dagstuhl seminars and perspectives workshops.
Before planning your trip:
- For information on offerings available at the Center, how to get there, etc. contact the organizer of your workshop.
- Notify your organizer if you will not be able to arrive and/or depart at the designated times.
- The Center is closed between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. For recommendations for hotel accommodation for guests wishing to arrive on Saturday, see here.
- Inform your organizer if you have special needs (vegetarian meals, allergies, ...)
- If you will be needing childcare assistance, please let us know no later than 4 weeks prior to your arrival at the Center.
- When packing, don't forget that our Center is spread over several buildings. A warm fleece sweater or jacket is advisable during the cold months. Also remember to bring a pair of sturdy shoes so you can explore the surrounding countryside on foot. The Center features a music room replete with a grand piano and other instruments.
Upon arriving at the Center:
- Opening hours of the registration desk:
- Sundays: between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday: between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Fridays: between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Otherwise, take advantage of our self-service check-in:
- Open the main entrance door to the Center using the door code. (cf. Travel Information)
- The list of participants with the room numbers is available in the administrative office.
- Check off your name to indicate that you have arrived.
- Be sure to take an expense sheet with you. It features a map of the Center and other information.
- Also don't forget to pick up your name tag.
- Breakfast: 7.30-8.45
- Lunch: 12.15
- Coffee and cake are available around 4 p.m.
- Supper is available from 6 p.m.
During your stay at the Center:
- Singles (including shower/toilet) are reserved at the Center for almost all participants. In the event that the Center is overbooked, younger participants will be offered doubles or rooms at hotels located in the vicinity.
- There are no rooms available for individuals not registered by the organizer.
- Please notify the organizer if you would like a double. Accommodation for persons accompanying the participants is not available unless they have been announced to the organizers in advance.
- Dagstuhl has a wide range of conference facilities and equipment: beamers, PCs equipped with PowerPoint and Internet access in the lecture hall, WLAN covering large areas of the Center, computer rooms (PC with Windows/Linux, Mac's).
- Dagstuhl has a comprehensive informatics library
- Guests normally depart on Friday, after lunch. Stays can be extended to Saturday morning in most cases.