Checking In, Accommodation, Your Stay at the Center, Equipment and Facilities Offered at the Center. This information holds for events (including GI-Dagstuhl-Seminar and research guests).
Note: separate information is applicable to the participants of Dagstuhl seminars and perspectives workshops.
Before planning your trip:
- For information on offerings available at the Center, how to get there, etc. contact the organizer of your workshop.
- Notify your organizer if you will not be able to arrive and/or depart at the designated times.
- The Center is closed between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. For recommendations for hotel accommodation for guests wishing to arrive on Saturday, see here.
- Inform your organizer if you have special needs (vegetarian meals, allergies, ...)
- When packing, don't forget that our Center is spread over several buildings. A warm fleece sweater or jacket is advisable during the cold months. Also remember to bring a pair of sturdy shoes so you can explore the surrounding countryside on foot. The Center features a music room replete with a grand piano and other instruments.
Upon arriving at the Center:
- Opening hours of the reception office:
- Sundays: between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday: between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Fridays: between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Otherwise, take advantage of our self-service check-in:
- Open the main entrance door to the Center using the door code. (cf. Travel Information)
- The list of participants with the room numbers is available in the reception office.
- Check off your name to indicate that you have arrived.
- Be sure to take an expense sheet with you. It features a map of the Center and other information.
- Also don't forget to pick up your name tag.
- Breakfast: 7.30-8.45 a.m.
- Lunch: 12.15 a.m.
- Coffee and cake are available around 3.30 p.m.
- Supper is available from 6 p.m.
During your stay at the Center:
- Single rooms (including shower/toilet) are reserved at the Center for almost all participants. If the Center is overbooked, younger participants will be offered double rooms or rooms at hotels located in the vicinity.
- There are no rooms available for people not registered by the organizer.
- Please notify the organizer if you would like a double room. Accommodation for persons accompanying the participants is not available unless they have been announced to the organizers in advance.
- Dagstuhl has a wide range of conference facilities: data projects, local Window-PC's and plug-in possibilities for your laptop computer in the lecture hall. Several workstation are available in the library.
- Dagstuhl has a comprehensive informatics library
- Guests normally depart on Friday, after lunch. Stays can be extended to Saturday morning in most cases.