28. September – 02. Oktober 1998, Dagstuhl Seminar 98391
Modelling and Planning for Sensor-Based Intelligent Robot Systems
B. Bolles (SRI Stanford), H. Bunke (Bern), H. Christensen (Stockholm), H. Noltemeier (Würzburg)
Auskunft zu diesem Dagstuhl Seminar erteilt
Motivation to Seminar 98391
Modeling and Planning for Sensor-Based Intelligent Robot Systems
28 September to 2nd October 1998
Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern, Germany
The seminar will focus on intelligent, autonomous robot systems with an emphasis on environment modeling, motion planning and reactive behavior. It will address both theoretical and application oriented aspects.
Particular topics of interest are
- motion planning for autonomous vehicles
- processing and interpretation of sensory input, multisensor fusion
- active vision
- static and dynamic robot environment modeling
- knowledge representation for spatial and spatial-temporal reasoning
- knowledge acquisition and learning for autonomous robots
- reactive behavior
- architectures and implementation
- special applications in manufacturing, medicine, space exploration, telerobotics
- service robots etc.
Reports 102 and 154 of the previous Dagstuhl-Seminars on ,Modeling and Planning for Sensor Based Intelligent Robot Systems" (9443; 24.10.-28.10.94 and 9636; 02.09.-06.09.96) are still available at Dagstuhl office.